Wednesday, May 5, 2010

How did I end up here?


Wow.
Day 365
One year without blood.
One year without burns.
One year with no razor.
One year without a heated object.
One year clean.

Looking back, that journey was rough,& yet here I am standing at the end of this road (& waiting to start on the next leg of the challenge)
& I am a stronger person
I am a better person
I am a happier person.

In this last year I learned
what love is
what happiness is
how to love
what it feels like to be cared for
what it feels like for someone to fucking give a damn

In this last year I have
hit rock bottom
Been at my highest
Shared myself
Stopped faking
Showed my true self
Been accepted.
Grown close to someone.

In the last year I have stopped mutilating
But I have begun to stop:
Self Hating
Thinking everyone dislikes me
Letting myself be a doormat.

In the next year I will:
Learn to love myself
continue to love what I have
Not settle for my life.

Thank you Shelly. You helped make ALLL of this happen. I couldn't have done it without you. You've saved my life. More times than you even know.

1 comment:

Zippi said...

Go you! xxx

Post a Comment